Friday, August 14, 2015

Bhutan Trip Day 19 - 11 July 2015 Bajo - Thimphu - Phuentsholing :)

With Kipchu and his mom :)

Me and Kipchu's mom :)

We woke up at 5.30 am, had our breakfast and tea, then packed my bag. We took photos together before leaving the house.

One last look at Kipchu's home sweet home :) - Uma Village, Bhutan

With his youngest brother :)

At 6.50 am we went out from home to the motor-able road up there. His youngest brother followed and helped us carrying my bag. I had to remove my slippers again when climbing up the muddy path, plus a stick on my hand, as it was still slippery and easy to fall :D

In a while we reached the road safely. We proceed to the nearest water tap at villager's house to wash our feet and wore our slippers back. Kipchu arranged another car to go down up to his cousin brother's house. From there, the cousin brother sent us all the way to Bajo town, to the taxi station. I forgot to take photo with him. He was such a nice guy, willing to help both of us without expecting any return. May Buddha bless him and his families with good health and lots of happiness!

Thank you la Kipchu! :)

I would like to convey my heartfelt gratitude to Kipchu and his families too for hosting me at their house for two nights and offered the best they could to make my stay comfortable and memorable. I would like to thank Kipchu personally for his time and effort put to fetch and send me back to Bajo safely. May Buddha bless you and your families too! :)

Positive Quote :)

It was a great opportunity for us to exchange views about each other's life - life that he went through and life that I went through. We learn from each other's experience and look forward for a better future. Nothing is certain but as long we put our heart and willingness on it, work hard towards it, persevere and focus one thing at one time, and most importantly, be positive about it, I think we all can overcome our life journey. No one says it will be easy, but it will be worth it! :)

So, we bid farewell there at the bus station. It's time for me to leave and continued to my other destination. I took the taxi back to Thimphu. Luzee and Lolo fetched me from Simthoka and sent me to Rekha's house. I had to repack my bag before leaving to Phuentsholing. They then dropped me at Jojo's as to meet Acho Tshering who had also kindly sent me along from Thimphu all the way to Phuentsholing.

It was my first time visiting Phuentsholing. I'd been wanting to visit this place as before that, I always heard from others that they went to this place to shop or to transit before continued their journey to India. It was a border town with Jaigaon, India, located at southern Bhutan.

Phuentsholing - Thimphu highway, Bhutan

Phuentsholing - Thimphu highway, Bhutan

The Phuentsholing - Thimphu highway road was good and wide but up to certain point. We were blessed with good weather - blue sky and hot sun. But once we reached Chhukha, it started raining and foggy. Acho said, the weather there was always like this almost every day. When entering Gedu, the road was even more dangerous as there were few land slides area that we had to pass through. Acho always opened his window to check if there was any stones falling down when passing those critical zones. He had bad experience before by getting stuck in the road block for days.

Rainbow after the rain - Phuentsholing, Bhutan :)

Sunset at Phuentsholing, Bhutan

It took us about 5 hours to finally reach Phuentsholing. We saw and passed by the tower of Milarepa from afar, CST (College of Science and Technology) school and hostel, Kharbandi Goemba, RIGGS (Royal Institute for Governance and Strategic Studies) on our way to Hotel Lhaki, where I would stay for 3 nights. We met up with Sithar in the hotel lobby before moving to NPPF (National Pension and Provident Fund) Colony to meet Tandin, my Acho's wife (Sorry, correction - it's wife-to-be) :D

Lhaki Hotel - Phuentsholing, Bhutan

Lhaki Hotel - Phuentsholing, Bhutan

Hard Rock Cafe - Phuentsholing, Bhutan :D

After picking up Lachee from the hotel, we went for dinner together at Asian Kitchen and Bar, a new restaurant in town that sold various Asian food. We had non-Bhutan food there, finally! :D

Our dinner at Asian Kitchen and Bar - Phuentsholing, Bhutan

While waiting, suddenly someone came over. It happened to be someone I know, someone familiar. Hehehe... Fancy meeting Kuenzang Thinley or known initially as PSN with his two daughters there!!! I met him first time during my first blogger's meeting in Thimphu in Sep 23, 2013. He was coincidentally going there to get Indian currency. Nice meeting you Kuenzang and thank you Sithar and Acho for the delicious dinner plus Druk 11000 :D Once dinner was over, we went back to our places to rest :)

3 comments:

Tshering C Dorji said...

I am not married yet ok, lol

Overcome Life said...

Ooppss... Actually I wanted to say she is my 'mathang' or sister-in-law :D OK la, pardon me. 'Not yet' wife but wife-to-be :)

Tshering C Dorji said...

no problemo, i m just teasing you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...