Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Liebster Blog Award

Source: google.com

Thank you Sonam Tenzin for nominating me to the Liebster Blog Award! Actually, not only for that, but also, I want to thank you too for being my loyal blog reader and for giving your kind words and comments to some of my blog posts :)

I think it wasn’t just me. I’m sure many of you have taken blogging as different kind of platform in life to connect with others who come from or live in different countries, from different age, different background, and so on. From there, it slowly develops into friendship, which at one point of time, you may meet up with each other and develop the real friendship, not just a mere online friendship (if you’re lucky enough to meet someone who clicks with you, as most bloggers will have similar hobbies, such as: reading, writing, traveling, photography, and so on).

Btw, for those who have never heard about “Liebster Blog Award” before, “Liebster” comes from German word, means “dearest”, and Liebster Award is a kind of nomination given to the other bloggers, where the nominated person has to: First, thank the person who nominated you; Second, answer the 10 questions given; Third, nominate other 3-5 of your favorite blogs that have fewer than 200 followers and let them know about their nomination via a comment or message; and lastly, to come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.

It took me some time before I had time to respond with this nomination though. Other than busy time at work and family gathering on Chinese New Year period, I was also thinking on how I should answer the 10 questions given by Sonam. However, I decided to change the 10 questions given and came out with the following 10 questions, from the other blogger who also responded to this nomination. I hope you don’t mind Sonam :)

So, here are the ten questions and the answers:

1. Blogging: true connection, attention-seeking, or simply necessary?

- For me, blogging is more on personal expression towards something. It’s a space for me to hold onto the beautiful memories, beautiful lessons to learn, gratitude feeling, inspirational, which may connect to others who love the same thing.

2. Why do you blog?

- I started blogging in Nov 2004, which was almost ten years ago. When it started, it would be mostly about my feeling towards exams. Going back to school after getting married and having a child wasn’t an easy task and I often vented my frustration through this blog. Slowly, the topic changed into anything that related to what I’d seen, what I’d felt, and what I’d encountered throughout my life journey.

3. Describe your blog in three words.

- Self-expression – personal feeling towards something

- Inspirational – love to browse it around again when I need to (those written by others)

- Fusion – mixture of different themes as I love freedom in expression (not stick to one topic)

4. Describe yourself in three words.

- Positive – always look at the bright side of life

- Freedom-loving – do what I love, love what I do

- Inspiring – at least, it’s what I’m trying to ^^

5. You’re in an awful mood. Who is the first person you call to cheer you up?

- Myself. I will first convince myself to cheer up and smile, as I believe that “happiness comes from within” and “we are the creator of our own happiness”. I will take my time alone sitting down by the river, one-hour cycling, doing yoga, jotting my feelings down into a journal, and so on. If after doing all that my mood still hasn’t changed, I will talk it out with someone who knows the problem that I face with, which can be my hubby, third sister or my buddies.

6. Describe your idea of a perfect day.

- It reminds me of the song “Everything to me” by Shane Filan and its lyrics answering the question above:

“Cause I don't need the sunlight shining on my face
And I don't need perfection to have the perfect day
I just want to see you happy a smile on your face
Nothing else matters ‘cos you're everything to me, to me, to me...
You're everything to me…”

P.S. 'You' here refers to my beloved ones and everyone surrounds me :)

7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?

- I have many places in mind. First, Buddhist pilgrimage sites in India, such as: Bodh Gaya in Bihar, Sarnath and Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh – to feel the peace and serenity at places where once Buddha ever lived. Then, Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh to meet His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama and His Holiness the 17th Karmapa. Also to experience other beautiful places in India, such as: Kashmir, Varanasi, Taj Mahal in Agra, Darjeeling, Sikkim, and so on. Other kind of dream-to-come-true places are Reykjavik in Iceland to drink vodka that bearing my nickname :P, Norway to see the Northern Aurora lights, London to visit my best friend, Italy to eat the delicious Pizza lolx, and many more :)

8. Given the choice, you would like a year’s supply of _______?  

- Happiness :)

9. If you could spend a day with one person, living or dead, who would it be, and why?

- His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama – I want to learn few things in life from him and just to feel his presence I will have already been so grateful and feel blessed!!!

10. Truth is ________.

- Hurtful but necessary to know. It’s better to be hurt rather than living happily in disguise.


Well, that’s about it. Now I have to nominate other three bloggers. I choose:

1. IRelateToThat - A twenty something civil servant currently staying in Thimphu, Bhutan, Rekha Monger is an independent woman, who loves to stay at home, drink tea and read her favorite books. She is a passionate reader and can write beautifully. Knowing her not so long but I know she deserved this Liebster blog award. She often inspires others to blog, such as: to list the 100 things I love, Q&A on blogging and blogger’s tag, etc.

2. My Bizzare World - written by a positive college student from Pemagatshel who is currently studying in Phuentsholing, Bhutan, called Tshering Cheki, loves to write beautiful poems and short stories on her blog. Her imagination and skills playing with words sometimes amazed me :)

3. Sangay Cholden’s Random Thoughts - A passionate blogger who loves writing and photography. He is in final semester of his college’s time, also studying in Phuentsholing.

Below are the 10 questions that I hope they will answer after accepting the nomination:

1. Describe your blog in 3 words.

2. Describe yourself in 3 words.

3. What kinds of blogs do you like to read and follow?

4. What is something you wished more people knew about you?

5. You’re in an awful mood. Who is the first person you call to cheer you up?

6. Who is the one person who knows you inside out and will always be there for you?

7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?

8. If there was one thing you could change about the world, what would it be?

9. If you had a day all to yourself, what would you do?

10. Favorite food and why?

So, do enjoy answering the questions :)

8 comments:

rm said...

Thank you Rima for the nomination.It's so nice of you.:)

Loved reading your answers.

Overcome Life said...

It's my pleasure Rekha! Thank you and glad you enjoyed reading my answers :)

Sangay Duba said...

Thank you maim for the nomination. Inspiring reading your answers!

Overcome Life said...

It's my pleasure Sangay! :)

Himalayan Tenzin said...

You came up with even more interesting and beautiful questions. I liked the ninth question. And as you, I also would have done the same, after all he's the great personality.

Happy blogging. :)

Overcome Life said...

Hahaha.... That's why I changed the questions given lor :D Yeah, let's see if we can make our dreams come true soon :) You too, happy blogging! ^^

Tshering Chekii said...

Thank you so much for considering me worth your nomination for this award and I am very sorry responding so late. Hope you will forgive me la:) Nevertheless better late than never.

Overcome Life said...

Your most welcome Tshering :) Take your own time. No hurry. Enjoy ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...