Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Yuan Xiao Jie and Valentine's Day :)

元宵和情人节快乐 Happy Lantern Festival and Valentines Day 14 Feb 2014 :)

The Lantern Festival or 元宵节 occurs on every 15th day of the first month of lunar calendar. It also marks the end of the Chinese New Year's day. This year it falls on Feb 14, 2014, which is today. 

Time flies, isn't it? So how was your Chinese New Year's days? Hope all of you enjoyed it to the fullest, seized the chance meeting up with family members, relatives, and dear friends. 

Typical questions during Chinese New Year gathering :)

Lolx! I think for those who attended the Chinese New Year gathering with relatives would find the above conversations sounded very familiar. Since its more often or not the once a year gathering, seemed that they needed to update their information and not to be the last to know.

I often heard my friends grumbling and there were some people even trying to find an excuse not to attend the gathering just to avoid such questions. It's pity no? It's supposed to be a happy family gathering rather than being bombarded and reminded of unhappy occasions, if any.

I'm not sure if you too face the same challenges when you attend the family (with relatives) gathering at your own country. In Indonesia, we would more or less face the same thing too. It might even worse as the words traveled very fast more than you could imagine. That was one of the reasons on why I prefer to live outside the country ^^

Happy Valentine's Day all my dear friends :)

Any plan for this year Valentine's Day?? :) Many people applied leave or day-off today as it falls on Friday ^^ People can have a great long weekend to celebrate this special day with their loved ones. 

As for me, my hubby always says, "Everyday is a Valentine's Day" hehe... Therefore, every day is a loving day for both of us. However, every year he would give me at least a stalk of rose, usually was hidden inside my cupboard (as he knew first thing I would do after reaching home was to take my clothes and take a bath), plus some small gifts to represent his love and care for me :) Anyway, I never expected to receive anything from him as everyday love and care was much more than enough for me. Thank you dear!

So, Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope you enjoy this special day and be happy always! Congratulations for those who managed successfully to propose someone as girlfriend or as a wife today, hope both of you can have a long journey together as a loving couple :) Have a wonderful day everyone! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I am accepted that valentine is just another day. As long as hubby come home safely from long hours work and having healthy happy kids, it is a valentine day.

Cheers,
yz

Overcome Life said...

I'm glad all my sisters have become much wiser nowadays :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...