Thursday, December 12, 2013

Happy Birthday dear Baobei!!!

Today is another special day for me and Baobei. It reminds me eleven years back when I was in the KK Hospital and entered the Operating Theater, to have a Caesarian delivery of my dear boy. As for today, he has grown up tall and 'fat'- hehe... He is still cute sometimes with his thick cheek and chin. I love kissing on his both cheeks and hugging him closely to me.

I took Childcare Leave today. Starting this year, Singaporean parents who have children age 7 to 12 years old are entitled to have 2 days leave. Previously this policy didn't exist. Therefore, I still can enjoy this benefit for two years :)

At first I planned to bring him to Adventure Cove Waterpark at Sentosa Island. But I changed the date into one of the weekdays next week as my hubby will have his days off and my brother's daughter can also join us. So 4 of us will make better partners and more fun!!! Hope the weather won't be too hot or rain too much!!!

Recently my families and I were affected quite badly by watching too many of Korean variety show - Running Man, Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) - recently held in Hong Kong, Korean series (Strange Housekeeper, The Master's Sun, The Heirs), etc. Many Korean pop songs from famous Korean band and singers can be found inside my hand phone music list now and soon I'll be flying to Korea... lolx!!!

Sometimes we would see many Korean food being made, prepared, or eaten during the show, and every time I could hear my son wishing to eat this and that. Hahaha..... So, as today is his special day, I prepared few Korean dishes for dinner.

Shopped Korean ingredients :)
 
Since yesterday, I browsed online on what to prepare and how to prepare the food. During lunch time, I went buying special ingredients at Korean specialty shop. This morning, I woke up early too so that I could go to market and buy fresh meat, seafood, and vegetables.
 
Homemade Korean style cucumber pickles - Crunchy and nyummy!!! :)

Once reached home I prepared the first dish - see above photo, cucumber pickles :) I bought 8 pieces of Japanese cucumber, sliced it round, chopped the shallots, garlic, added vinegar, sugar, salt, and Korean chilli flakes. Mixed it using hands (with plastic glove) and store it inside the chiller, let it cool! Didn't expect that it tasted really good! Hehehe... It's my first time making such a nice pickle!! ^^

At first, I planned to make 4 dishes. However, since I had to prepare and cook it alone (with my son's help sometimes), I only managed to cook 3 types. I didn't know that it took so much time to prepare it all. Alamak!!! While preparing the ingredients, I would take a look at the recipes, check if I prepared it correctly and do it in right way. Hahahaha...... Really had to multitask ya...

So, here is the food that I cooked:

1. Doenjang Jjigae or Korean Soybean Paste Stew

Doenjang Jjigae - Soybean Paste Stew

It's not difficult to make and prepare. Since there were quite number of people eating, I had to cook it in one big pot. Ingredients used: zucchini, enoki mushroom, tofu, onion, red chilli, garlic, spring onion, Doenjang paste, Korean chili flakes, and anchovies soup powder. It tasted good. All of my family members enjoyed it. It's not spicy.

2. Japchae (Korean Stir-Fried Sweet Potato Noodles)

Japchae - Korean Stir Fry Noodles

I spent lots of time to prepare this one as it involved quite number of ingredients, such as: marinated pork, sliced onion, chopped garlic, sliced Shitake and oyster mushroom, spinach, and the noodles itself. I had to cook each ingredients one by one and added some sauces to make it tasty. At the end, mixed all ingredients and cooked it one more time. Not bad! :)

3. Haemul Pajeon or Seafood Pancake

Haemul Pajeon - Korean Seafood Pancake

I mixed the flour with fresh prawn, squid or sotong, spring onion, sliced onion, and chilli. This food was quite easy to prepare too and I cooked this few times before. Like usual, the taste was good hehehehe....

I think I needed about 2.5 hours to finish cooking it hahaha.... But they all enjoyed it. It felt good when they satisfied with your cooking. You would immediately forget about all the troubles to prepare ^^

After taking a bath, it's time to cut the cake :)

Happy Birthday dear Baobei!!!

He enjoyed the food very much! I'm glad he did! Btw, he chose the cake above. It's a black forest cake. Nyummy!! Tasted really good!!! Well dear, hope you will remember each Birthday that we celebrated together. I may not be able to be beside you in your every Birthday in the future, just hope you are happy and treasure the moments that we share together. Wish you blessed with good health and life full of joy and happiness!!! Hope you study well too!! Love you dear... Muach!!!

Oh, btw, yesterday 1212 came out on 4D result. It was consolation prize. I didn't buy though, but my mother-in-law bought it and won some money. Hahaha.. Not bad ya? Hope my luck will come soon :D

P.S. My son was very happy with the meal. When opening his birthday gift, he told me, "Mummy, this will be my Christmas present." I said, "No,  this is your birthday present." He smiled and said, "This is my Christmas present. You know what my birthday present is?" "What?" asked me.  He said, "Just now the Korean food that you cooked was my birthday presents." Ooohhh.... "Sssshhhhhh......." I could hear my heart melted. He kept saying, "I love you Mummy" as he was too happy with the special meal I cooked ^^ I love you too Baobei! It felt good when people appreciated your hard work, seriously!  My sis-in-law and hubby were complaining that they ate too full because the food was so nice hehehe....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sweet....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...