Thursday, February 16, 2012

Moving house :)

The day finally came. It's a day before Valentine's day. Mom and my aunt came a day before V day. Since I know I would be busy on 14th, I bought the flowers for Mum first on 13th night, gave it to her with written card that it's all from her 5 children and wanna thank her for her care and love all this while. Got a note for me saying thank you for specially coming to help up with my house moving as well :) Hope she likes it!

14th Feb 12 was the busy day in office. Time to work was shorter due to the State of the Hotel Address given reflecting the performance on year 2011 and what are coming this year.

After work I headed to supermarket to buy some fruits and some other thing, then went home. I reheated the steamed rice, mixed rice, and noodle for dinner. It's all brought from Jakarta by Mom and Aunt. Thank you!

After that busy with packing again... This round, I dismantled the computer and its accessories... kekeke... Hubby went to borrow car from his cousin. At midnight, we moved several items first, such as: computer, speaker, rice cooker, and Reever's books. Reached home then slept quite late. 1 am plus? Last night in Hougang....

Walked over the burned charcoal
Woke up at 7 plus. Took a bath then started to load the items to car. We brought those necessary for cooking and bed sheets first. We reached new house at 8.50am. Hubby turned on the fire on the stove using charcoals and fire starters. Just nice Peggy & her hubby, my mum, aunt and sis-in-law reaching there too.. So all of us went up and went in together. We stepped the stove and charcoal over, I guess it's a sign that we start over again in new place. Then rolled in pineapple ad brought the rice inside our house. Hope we are blessed with enough food all the time.

Mom cooked, helped by my Aunt
Mom brought food from brother's home, already cut one. So she just had to cook all the dishes. There is tofu cooked with Chinese leeks (suan) with red thingy... means that we can calculate things (to be prudent and save money, can live happily), steamed fish (nian nian you yu), fried noodle (blessed with long live), fried chicken, fried vegetable, cucumber achar made by mom.

Our first meal at home sweet home
While they were cooking and preparing, we put on bed sheets to my mother-in-law's and my son's new bed and fixed a place where to put. Mine was only be delivered in evening time since we used the bed from old house, given by my bro and his wife.

Hubby was busy preparing the Buddha altar together with his father's signage.

When food were ready, we then had our brunch (11am liao). We then had the apple, Chinese pear and orange as dessert.

We went to Hougang again to pick up goods. My mother-in-law stayed for a while in Hougang since she had to pick up my son from school. Mum, aunt and sis-in-law stayed in new house. We moved items again, this time brought the TV so that Mum, aunt can watch it while waiting.

Hubby and I went to Hougang again. When we reached there, the mover lorry was behind us. The moving then started. While they were moving things, I was inside the kitchen clearing out the things from the fridge. My pant was smelly due to the spilled beers... haiya.. smell like drunker... :P

Not all things could fit inside the lorry. They didn't stack the boxes high enough, Therefore there were still few boxes and lots of small bits left inside the house.

We went back to new house again to direct them where we want them to put our things. Now my house was full... Hahhaa... Mom and Aunt started to work.
We started to put bed sheets to my bed. Then they unpacked my clothes and put it inside wardrobe. There were some Reever's stuffs and clothes as well.

Hubby and I went to Hougang again to bring our plants and some stuffs in. After that hubby returned the car and I unpacked some other things.

Koko and his brother-in-law came to visit and picked my Mom and Aunt. They went back home to rest. I finally could take a bath, reheat food, and had dinner.

My son was very exciting with his new room. He pasted some posters into the wall and he wanna sleep there alone!!! Usually he liked to sleep and squeezed in our room. Hahaha... Then he must learn how to use the common toilet too... :D

I managed to get into the bed at about 10.30pm and slept about 11am. This morning I was awoken by Reever's alarm clock. Guess he set the time wrongly. The school bus would fetch him at 6am everyday but he set the alarm at 6am. Kekeke... Lucky my mother-in-law used to wake up early. Otherwise it's gonna be a torture to wake up so early while you're still so tired :P

Well, I find my new house cozy and warm. I love it. Maybe because it's my own house, so the feeling is different :) Just need to adapt that there is no coffee shops and other shops around. So we still have to buy things from other place.

Well, now it's unpacking time!!! Will have a coffee and some cakes (fa kwe) first before starting my day!!

Once again, thank you SB, family members for all your support and help. Amituofo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation once again!
Semoga tinggal damai, tentram, harmonis, bahagia, sukses, dan rejeki berlimpah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...