Monday, January 19, 2009

New occupation - Private Teacher for P1 Student

Did I ever mention that my son has his own bedroom since 3rd January this year? My sis-in-law and family has moved into their new house on 1st Jan and there were 2 days for Raymond and I to prepare the room for him. Raymond painted the room w/ cream colour, made the room much brighter. I cleaned up the curtain holder, washed the curtain, cleaned up the windows and other things. We put up the bed, cupboard, small cupboard to put his book, cleared up his toys, stationery, etc on the 2nd day. Quite exciting!!! Hehehe.... Reever started his first day at school on 2nd Jan, that's why we tried to get the room ready as soon as possible.
On 3rd Jan, I moved the computer table into his room. Raymond wanted to put the desktop, which previously put at the living room, into Reever's room. So we were now lack of one study table. So we went to IKEA on 4th Jan together w/ my mom, mother-in-law, and 2R to purchase one simple table. White colour on top with 4 grey legs matches the originally IKEA chair, also white w/ grey legs. So here we are!!!
Reever started to sleep in his room on 3rd Jan accompanying by me. Hehehe... He was still not used to sleeping alone. 2nd nite, he was accompanied by his ama. Only after that he slept alone provided that the door is kept opened while he was sleeping. Hehehe....
As for his school days, the first 3 days, ama and Raymond accompanied him to school. Raymond went to his school during recess time to see what Reever did during break time. Nothing much on first week of the school and Reever seems cool during school time, very proud of him ^^
Now he has to juggle with his Kumon homework and sometimes school homework. And starting from 10th Jan, I enrolled him into Buddhist class at Kwang Ming Shan (Bright Hill Temple). I fetch him there every Saturday and to Kumon every Sunday. What a life!!! By bringing him there, it gave me a chance to get closer to Buddha Dhamma. It made me feeling great. 'Cos otherwise, I won't get many chance to go there and probably would do nothing. Now, while waiting him, I could go to library and read some books. Hopefully Reever could learn something about Buddha Dhamma and can grow up as a rightful person... hehehehe... I wish....
Reever has started Chinese class at school. And it seems that he doesn't have a good foundation about Chinese words during his kindergarten class. So I must put my hands into helping him to learn the basic writing and reading. I become a private teacher of him now. All knowledge I've ever learnt in Beijing, at least never go to the drain. 'Cos now I can teach him how to read the 'sheng diao', how to write correctly, read the 'pin yin', etc.
Yesterday Raymond has finally drilled the walls and hanged the white board into his room. I asked him to spell or write in Chinese those words that he has learnt into the white board. He is quite exciting about it too.. I just hope that he enjoys the process of learning... Ever thought of asking him learn Chinese in Kumon, after taking 2 classes a month, additional $120/month is not cheap at all. So I decided to buy exercise books myself and asked him to practice new words himself everyday. Haiz... seeing him writing Chinese words, sometimes makes me mad.. or sleepy.. hahahaha.... anyway, good experience of teaching my own child. Reever, you have to 'Jia You'!!! OK honey??? Muachhhh.. love you very much baby.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bagus deh biar lo tambah sibuk... hahahhaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...