Sunday, December 23, 2007

Busy days

Have been busy recently... Hm.. continuing from 19th Dec... After work... purchasing and CC staffs went out together - actually we 'tumpang' the purchasing manager's car - to Downtown East. The multi-storey car park has been done and it really changes the Downtown East's appearance from outside. If you've not been there for quite some time.. you might not be able to recognize the place anymore... They're going to build the cinema too beside the area...
We reached there at about 7pm 'cos the PM has turned to the wrong exit so he has to go another way round to reach the place. They rented 2 rooms and both were located at 2nd floor. We put our bags there and went down looking for food as we were quite hungry liao... They also catered some food from catering provider beside having the BBQ stuffs. We ate the food from catering and at the same time eating the chicken wing, bbq shrimp, fish ball, cheese sausages, sotong w/ chilli, fish w/ chilli, sweet potatoes, satay, etc. The shrimps were very fresh and nice.. I ate quite lots of it... Chicken wing was also nice... waah... I didn't know how much I've eaten liao... plus 2 cans of Carlsberg. Then I helped up bbq-ing the food lorrr... took turn mah... at the same time I got to know some other staffs from finance and catering sales. The weather was cooling.. and in the middle of the session, it was raining too.. so we moved out to the sheltered area temporarily until it stopped then continuing our makan and chit chat session again. Someone brought the Absolute Pears too.. so I took 2 cups of it mixed lil' bit w/ Sprite.. hm..... hehehehhee....
I went back at 10.30pm, not too late.. and reached home about 11.30pm. Not bad la... at least I can get to know some people closer.

20th Dec, Hari Raya Haji. It's a public holiday in Singapore.. I was at home and went out at 2pm. Like what I wrote in previous blog, I met my friend. But instead of meeting him in the hospital or his rented apartment, we met up at the Centre Point, Orchard. He said his parents and parents-in-law were going to buy some presents for the doctors.. so we met up there lor... My friend, Yenti, also came together w/ her sister. We chat for a while before going back home...

Friday.. work like usual... After work, I went to AMK Hub to walk around before went back home. Oh ya.. I had lunch on Friday w/ Shelly. She was calling me and saying that she'd go to Orchard and just nice.. we were having our lunch @Subway in my working place area. We chat while eating and she passed me a ginger bread man chocolate and x'mas tree chocolate for Reever.. Thanks, Shelly... And I told her that I would like to go to Batam in January and want to have facial there.. then she offered to do facial for me as she has learnt on how to do it some times ago.. So... yesterday, she came to my house and did the facial to me using the all things brought by her.. wow... it was really comfortable. She took out the dead skin from my face. Cleaned all over my face. She mixed the ingredients for mask and did it on my face.. Kinda interesting that making me want to learn.. but after she took out sooo many stuffs from her bag... I think twice.. hahahahhahaa....... 'cos I'm not that passionate and lazy too.... hahahahaha.... After facial, we went out to Bugis to pray @Kwan Im temple, then having a walk at OG. My son was having his good time browsing around all his favourite toys. Shelly walked around by herself. Once she's done, she met us around.. and not long after that she went back home to meet her hubby... Again, thanks Shelly!

My son and I had dinner after that. At first, I was craving for my char kway teow.. and we went to the nearby hawker center, hoping that there will be char kway teow shops opened. Later, I found out that one shop was not opened, while the other shop.. we had to wait for half an hour for ordering it.. so.. forget it... we went to Malay shop then.. I had soto beehoon while my son was having Malay chicken rice.

We walked again to Bugis Junction. We went up to toys department. He looked at his stuffs, and I looked at my stuffs... We went down to B1... to see the new look of it.. They renovated the B1 area some time ago.. and once we went out from the lift.. I almost couldn't recognize the place... Must take some time to adapt w/ the place... really big change. The Crystal Jade restaurant and bakery was not there anymore and has been replaced w/ Popular book shop. Kinda weird though... The Jollybean has moved out and been replaced w/ CDs shop. Many changes la..... More restaurants and new food stalls...
We browsed around until 9pm then took bus home...

Oh ya.. if you ever read my blog few months ago, I ever mentioned my friend from Swiss, Maurizio and Vivian who came down to Singapore beginning of this year... He called me 2 days ago.. and u know wad? He told me that he has become a father.. wow... what a great and surprising news!!! 'cos when they were here.. we were still talking about it.. and she was not pregnant yet... then he told me that the baby was coming premature.. and weighed only 1.4 kg plus... and still have to stay inside incubator in the hospital for 6 weeks more. His wife got complications during her pregnancy and she has to stay in hospital for 2 months until the baby has to come out. There were critical moments too, according him, that they almost lost their baby, but finally everything has over and both mom and baby are fine. It's a baby boy... Congratulations for both of them!!! Really great news!!!
Well.. I really hope my friends and sisters can also get pregnant really soon... Hope everything will go smoothly...

*Little update from today (1st March 2008). Maurizio has sent me an email about two weeks ago and sent me his son's pic. Just want to share his happiness here... This is what he's written:
Greetings from Zurich!
We are proud to announce the birth of our son: Kai Benjamin Fritschi!
He was born on December 19th, weighing 1.45 kg (3.2 lbs) and measuring 37.5 cm (14.7 inches), After a one month stay in the hospital, we are
thrilled that he is doing great and is now home with us.

Warmest wishes to you,
Vivian and Maurizio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...